The Tokyo Reporter

Dog dies in Wakayama after eating poison-laced sausage

A dog died after eating a poison-laced sausage off a road in Wakayama Prefecture (TV Asahi)

WAKAYAMA (TR) – A dog died after eating a sausage laced with insecticide off a road, city officials said on Friday, and warned owners to keep pets away from fallen food.

Officials of Wakayama City were told by a veterinarian that a “dog became ill and died after eating a sausage off a road” on November 11, TV Asahi reports (Nov. 18).

A city lab test detected a highly toxic insecticide called methomyl in the sausage, officials said, adding the case was referred to police.

City officials urged owners to keep their pets away from fallen food on roads.

Facebook Comments