Ten diners at Sushi Doraku, located in the Minami-Rinkan area, suffered from vomiting, diarrhea and stomach pains after eating kaki (oysters) and buri (yellowtail) in sashimi form at the restaurant on the evening of December 17.
Nine of the persons affected contracted norovirus while the tenth diner was discovered to have the parasite Anisakis, a roundworm often found in uncooked fish. None of the persons were hospitalized.
After an investigation, the government of Kanagawa Prefecture concluded the case to be a mass food poisoning. The restaurant was shut on December 24.