NAGOYA (TR) – City officials here on Wednesday said 18 people complained of food poisoning after eating a seasonal noodle dish at a restaurant chain.
Nagoya city officials said 18 customers reported food poisoning symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting starting at around 10 p.m. on Tuesday, and found that all of them had eaten a seasonal beef udon dish at the Matsuba Koen branch of Marugame Seimen in Nakagawa Ward, Nagoya, the Sankei Shimbun reports (June 16).
One of the affected customers currently remains hospitalized, but the others are said to be heading toward full recovery.
The Nakagawa health center believes the food poisoning cases were caused by the seasonal beef dish at the udon chain, which was shuttered under food sanitation laws until proper measures are taken.
According to the udon chain’s website, the seasonal beef dish is on limited offer at select chains from May 18 until mid-July.