At 2:10 p.m., an eyewitness notified the Tokyo Fire Department about smoke emanating from the Hotel Golden Gate.
The blaze was extinguished by personnel from approximately 22 fire trucks about 40 minutes after it began.
The fire consumed approximately 20 square meters of one room on the second floor of the four-story building. There were no injuries.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
She was found collapsed inside a stairwell between the first and second floors. After being rushed to a nearby hospital, she was confirmed dead due to carbon monoxide poisoning.
The cause of the fire at the Hotel Matsuki was believed to have been a candle used for a shrine located near the front desk.